Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Baby Hat

I finished the baby hat for Jeremy's niece Bella a few days ago. It turned out to be really easy to knit on the round once I got used to it. I think I really like how the stockinette stitch worked out as well. I will be looking forward to seeing if the hat fits her this coming weekend.

She has a huge head for a one year old so even though everyone said this pattern runs large, I ended up making it even bigger and casting on 68 times instead of the requested 48 and the recommended 40. I think when people see the hat they don't look at the size the hat is supposed to fit and that's why it "runs larger than it should". In fact, it runs just about the size it should for a one year old baby which is what the pattern actually says it's for. But hey, it's not like you can't adapt this pattern to fit newborns AND one year olds or even make it huge for children or adults with a little thought put into it!

In other news, I spent a little money at Jo-Ann Fabrics yesterday and bought a set of crochet needles and a bit of yarn (see my stash if you want to know what I picked out.) that I've yet to decide what to do with.

I'd like to finish my blue scarf before I continue on with other projects. I can see why people end up starting multiple projects because it gets boring to work on the same project all the time. It's also really frustrating when you have to frog more than a few rows as well. This is the time when my patient, cross-stitching attitude helps because I'm used to working on the same thing for over a year and messing up a whole lot of stitches and having to go back.

My blue scarf is almost finished so I will be needing to brainstorm some new ideas for what to make next. I was thinking of either the cable hat or some dishcloths or even learn how to crochet with my new needles. I'll post again once I decide what's next.

No comments: