Monday, February 11, 2008

Bella's Birthday Party

Bella's Birthday party was this past Saturday. She had tons of gifts from everyone and a huge cake with princesses on them. She was the life of the party by walking around and clapping to make all the grownups laugh and clap too. The pizza was pretty good and overall we had a wonderful time celebrating her first year of life.

I bring up this event because this is when Tara and Jimmy (parents) would be given the baby hat I made last week. I was so nervous that they'd hate it or something. When they opened the gift Gladys (grandma and Jeremy's mom) put it on her head but she had hair clips in. Apparently Bella hates hats and started pulling it off which wouldn't have mattered except that when she did, it snagged on one of the barrettes and pulled the string out about 3-4". I was horrified at first because it took so much work to create the hat and now it's ruined but when I had a closer look I saw that it was fixable.

Later that night I took my smalled crochet hook and slowly pulled back each stitch until it looked as good as I could get it. You could still see a line if you knew where to look, but I think it'll disappear when it's washed. The next morning we tried the hat on her head without any hair clips and it fit! I took a picture so make sure you take a look at the project and see how cute she is! I cast on around 68 times to make the hat large enough for a one year old that wears 18-24 month old clothes. If Tara decides to have another baby this summer I will try either the same hat or a different one for the baby shower. Boy, what a crazy and almost horrifying weekend!!

No comments: