Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Random Acts of Kindess

I think I'm addicted to this group. I just love reading everyone's wishlist in hopes that something will come up that I can help out with. I was perusing the lists today when I realized an amazing thing. I was given a Christmas gift from my Uncle which was a gift card to Amazon.com which is totally awesome. As I was looking through the lists I noticed many people who wanted books so I thought I'd grant some wishes and spend some of my gift money on them because I know books are hard to come by and I think it would be great to make a handful of people's days. So, I contacted some people and have already organized three so far and waiting for five more. One is even a surprise and doesn't know she's getting a book!

I'm very excited about the things I'm getting in the mail too. There's some circs on their way, some beads, some embroidery floss, and even some tea from a nice guy from Pennsylvania! I hope I will be able to continue giving gifts for as long as possible.

In other totally random news, I have a lead on a job finally! I've applied to Pearl a few weeks ago and applied to some company through Manpower today and have a printed application to fill out for SYSCO as well. It's been almost three months since I lost my job so I really hope one of these will be it (and very soon!).

In more knitting news, I've ordered my yarn for my rogue hoodie. I also went to Michaels to pick up some yarn for fingerless gloves and for the dice bag for my lovely boyfriend Jeremy. I'm struggling to get through the cable scarf for my sis because it's kinda boring after a while. I'm pushing through it by working on it while my boyfriend and his friends work hours on their engineering homework.

I also realized that I messed up my first crochet project pretty bad by accidentally stitching slip stitches instead of single crochet stitches. So that's why my bag is half it's size! I'm going to continue the bag anyway because it looks pretty neat and is the perfect size for carrying one project somewhere.

2 comments:

Anniebananie said...

I am one of those book recipients and am truely thankful!!! :)

velmalikevelvet said...

hi gumbie! i was blogging about my RAK experience, and checked out your blog in the process. congrats on starting it, and thanks again for my book, i love it!! cheers, velma